Rio Tinto dazzles New York with its rare red and pink diamonds
Rio Tinto has showcased in New York the 2019 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender, its annual collection of the rarest pink and red diamonds in the world.
The 64 diamond collection, including three Fancy Red diamonds and weighing 56.28 carats in total, make up the 2019 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender.
Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds vice president of sales and marketing Mr Alan Chirgwin said “I am delighted to be in New York, the epicentre of the fancy coloured diamond industry.
“It is 40 years since the discovery of Rio Tinto’s Argyle mine and it remains the first and only ongoing source of rare pink diamonds in the world, in history. With the lifecycle of this extraordinary mine approaching its end, we have seen and continue to see, an unstoppable demand and strong value appreciation for these truly limited edition diamonds.”
The 2019 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender collection, titled “The Quest for the Absolute”, comprises six hero diamonds named in honour of their mystical heritage and timeless embodiment of beauty:
- Lot 1: Argyle Enigma™,1.75 carat modified radiant Fancy Red diamond
- Lot 2: Argyle Amari™, 1.48 carat heart shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond
- Lot 3: Argyle Elysian™, 1.20 carat modified cushion shaped Fancy Vivid Pink diamond
- Lot 4: Argyle Verity™,1.37 carat oval shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond
- Lot 5: Argyle Opus™, 2.01 carat round shaped Fancy Intense Pink diamond
- Lot 6: Argyle Avenoir™, 1.07 carat oval shaped Fancy Red diamond
Rio Tinto is also showcasing in New York its Argyle Pink Everlastings™ Collection, a beautiful offering that has been curated to showcase the full colour palette of Argyle pink diamonds, weighing 0.14 carats and below. The accumulation of these diamonds from a certifiable source in various shapes, sizes and colours is the result of a painstaking endeavour, unlikely to be ever repeated.
The Argyle Pink Everlastings™ Collection will be tendered alongside the 2019 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender with bids closing on 9 October 2019.