We expect companies and individuals that work with us to share our values: care, curiosity and courage.
Suppliers may be required to participate in our pre-screening process, which requires companies and individuals to provide sufficient evidence to meet or exceed minimum standards of health, safety, the environment, human rights, quality management and financial capacity, as well as ethical and anti-corruption practices. If and as needed, we can work with prospective suppliers to help them achieve the required standards.
Upon successful award of a contract, suppliers may also be required to provide additional information for our contractor management system, if applicable, including but not limited to health and safety practices, insurance coverage, and company and personnel qualifications.
Health, Safety and the Environment
Health and safety is our number one priority and we expect the same commitment from our partners. We value suppliers who:
- Have the ability to work closely and in partnership with local and Indigenous businesses and local communities
- Manage and communicate product health and safety risks
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety management and the elimination of workplace injuries and illness
- Have processes in place to assure compliance with safety policies
- Reduce our collective environmental footprint through their practices, products and services
Supplier Code of Conduct
Our Supplier Code of Conduct sets out our expectations of suppliers and their subsidiaries and subcontractors with respect to key issues ranging from health and safety, compliance, human rights, environment and reporting. We may choose not to work with suppliers who do not meet our expectations. If you have questions regarding our Supplier Code of Conduct, or about our expectations of our suppliers and business partners, please email us.
Iron Ore Contractor Engagement Solution
Our contractor engagement solution will make it easier to work with Iron Ore. The solution will enable easy on-boarding, simplified invoicing processes and clarify who is working on site.
The most important outcome from this solution will be improved safety on our sites.
For further questions about our Contractor Engagement Solution please contact us.
Our suppliers may be required to become familiar with our freight management requirements.
Suppliers are also advised to view our “Prepare to move it right” video below.
Rio Tinto Buy Local, Western Australia
Rio Tinto Buy Local is designed to help local Western Australian businesses to bid for work with us by:
- Giving visibility of upcoming work opportunities and enabling suppliers to register interest through the Rio Tinto Buy Local portal
- Providing a dedicated team to support local suppliers through our procurement processes
- Supporting the delivery of capability building programmes to strengthen and grow local businesses
- Offering adjusted payment terms for Australian small businesses
Visit the Rio Tinto Buy Local portal to find out more