The health and safety of its employees are at the forefront of Diavik's operations.
Diavik maintains a safe workplace by applying stringent standards, educating workers, measuring ongoing performance, reviewing systems and programs and setting continuous improvement targets.
Diavik monitors safety using the industry standards of all incident frequency rate and the lost time injury frequency rate. A lost time injury is considered to have occurred when a worker is unable to return to his or her normal work duties for their next shift as a result of a work related injury. The lost time injury frequency rate measures the number of lost time injuries per 200,000 hours worked. The all injury frequency rate includes medical treatments and lost time injuries.
The success of Diavik's health and safety programs is evident in the very low lost time injury rate across Diavik's operations. Diavik's goal is a zero lost time injury rating.
In 2015, with four lost time injuries and five medical treatments, Diavik's all injury frequency rate was 0.73; an 11 per cent increase over the previous year's all injury frequency rate of 0.66.
Diavik's workforce has won one national and four regional John T. Ryan safety trophies. John T. Ryan awards are the Canadian mining industry's most prestigious safety recognitions.
Diavik's commitment to health and safety extends beyond the workplace and into the lives of its employees and their community.
Diavik has an Employee and Family Assistance Program. This counselling service supports workers and their families in resolving issues associated with overall health and well-being. The program provider strives to provide these services in the employee's home community.
Diavik Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality Policy
At Diavik, we are committed to the health and safety of our workforce, environmental protection and quality in the processing of our diamonds. We are committed to creating excellence in our systems to ensure we meet our core values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, and Accountability. Supported by these values, we believe that all incidents and injuries are preventable. Our goal is zero harm.
- To support our Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) policy, we commit to:
- Identify, eliminate, or otherwise control health, safety, environment, and quality risks to our people, product, local communities and the environment in which we operate
- Provide our workforce with the resources they need to achieve our goal of zero HSEQ incidents, injuries and illnesses
- Comply with all applicable commitments, standards, laws, regulations and other requirements.
- Foster a culture of involvement
- Support a measurable commitment to quality processes which meets or exceeds our joint venture partner and customer requirements
- Ensure that HSEQ expectations are clearly communicated and that their management systems are audited
- Continually seek to reduce the environmental footprint of our operations and related activities
- Generate sustainable HSEQ performance through long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our communities and all other stakeholders
- Be transparent with our workforce, communities, monitoring boards and regulators about incidents that occur within our workplace
Our vision of excellence is reflected through our people and the product we mine, process and deliver every day. We commit to applying the principles of this policy to continuously improve the way we work.