New Zealand Aluminium Smelters Limited

New Zealand Aluminium Smelters Limited

New Zealand Aluminium Smelters Limited (NZAS) began operations in 1971 and is New Zealand’s only aluminium smelter. We own 79.36 per cent of NZAS and Japan's Sumitomo Chemical Company owns the remaining 20.64 per cent. NZAS produces primary aluminium in the form of ingot, billet, and rolling block. The majority of the plant's alumina is supplied from the Rio Tinto Yarwun and Queensland Alumina refineries at Gladstone in Queensland, Australia.